Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birthdays!

Usually when people have birthdays they either have cake or cupcakes. Those usually are not gluten-free. If you want to go a birthday party then why don't you start bringing your own cupcakes? And if they have something like pizza too, bring your own lunch or dinner.

Whole Foods makes good gluten free cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla. So you can go to Whole Foods and get some cupcakes there.

It might be a little hard at first. I felt embarrassed when I went to my first birthday party that I got invited to when I had celiac. Because everybody else was having the other food but I had to have a different kind. But then I got used to it and I felt comfortable bringing my own food.

When people have birthdays at school I have a cupcake carrier from Amazon. My mama squishes the cupcakes into the carrier, and usually I bring one for the teacher too. It's like nothing changed except I have a different cupcake than them. And I feel like nothing changed too.

It's getting really fun to bring my own things because sometimes I even get to bring brownies! The best part is, the brownies are homemade. You might learn how to make them on the recipes page which my mama says she will put up on Monday. We call it Mama Mondays. It's when my mama gets to write on my blog and add something.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Harper !All of the posts are fun to read. Love,Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Nora!
    I am happy you like it!
    love harper

    ReplyDelete