Thursday, January 17, 2013

Treat Heaven

I went to the Eloise Plaza Hotel and had tea there on New Year's Eve Day. It was kinda cool that I could walk into this place, especially as it's so popular and everything, and feel I could basically order everything I wanted without having to bother if it's "ausome" or not.

They were able to make food that I could eat specially. It was really pretty.

We went and sat down and there was a Kid's menu. But it turns out you didn't get to choose one thing. What you did, you ordered the desserts and ALL the desserts came on leveled trays. And all the sandwiches would come. I think it was the biggest meal I have ever eaten. Because I ate four sandwiches (even though they were kind of small) and ate two scones. Then for dessert I tried to choose the desserts I ate so I wouldn't get sick afterwards, but it was kind of hard because there were so many and they were all good. I ate all the bon-bons. They were cool and looked like literally works of art. I liked those the best.

They didn't advertise and make it obvious they had things I could eat. They just made it, like it's not a big deal. And it's not. But lots of places treat it -- celiac -- like it is. So having a place where everyone goes, and not a place where people have to eat specially or be more conscious of what they eat, I could pretend for that whole tea that nothing was really wrong. I was one of the random people that would go and walk into Dominoes Pizza or something and not even have to ask. So that was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment