Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm Not Just A Computer

Hi! I have a feeling you know how it feels to have everyone saying, "Hey, can you eat this?" or "Hey is this gluten free?" or "I'm so sorry!" but knowing that they are really just saying that to say it, but they seriously don't care just to step into your shoes for a second and say to themselves "oh, actually, I am sorry."

Don't  you find it so annoying when one percent of the word's population, not even just plain being gluten free but one percent of the world has celiac disease and you cant seem to find anyone?! It's as though all the people who understand you are all crammed into one tiny space and you're all alone?!

I started this blog when I was six years old to find a friend. a kid, who would understand me completely. I never found such a kid, but I know how it feels to be different. to feel left out at birthday parties and class celebrations.

I want you to know that I'm not just a computer, telling you what's yummy. I'm a kid out there, a gluten free kid, and I may not be close to you but I'm out there, and I know how you feel. I'm not going to sit here and be sorry for myself, I'm going to remember what the two months after I went gluten free were like, and I'm going to help someone get over it. I don't even mind if I don't get anyone writing back to me, I want people to hear me say this.


I AM A CELIAC KID AND I AM PROUD OF IT!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Wanted to reach out and let you know that I am a gluten free kid (well, grown up now) in NYC too. I'm the oldest of 5 siblings and one of my brothers and one of my sisters was diagnosed with Celiacs when they were young - we refer to ourselves as the "Glutards". We're from outside the city in Westchester and would trek to Greenwich Village's Risotteria for some of the best, crispiest bread sticks I've ever tasted and now, I always bring home tasty treats for them from Tu-Lu's Bakery when I visit them at home.

    I LOVE food and eating gluten free has opened me up to so many new experiences. Eating gluten free has certainly presented it's challenges but I wouldn't have it any other way.

    Rock on!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kid,
    Bravo on your latest post! It is difficult to stand in someone's shoes, but I get the picture of pride and some loneliness. I've been there too.

    ReplyDelete