Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Interview With My Best Friend

Today I am with my best friend and she is going to answer some questions about what she thinks about celiac. I'm going to call her BFF. She's in my class, and 8-years-old but she is shorter than me. We met each other when we were both 2-years-old. Her favorite color is green, and her favorite food is soup, not any specific soup.

Me: Are you awesome?
BFF: Yes.

Me: What did you feel like when I heard I had celiac?
BFF: All your food is going to be different when I come to your house except for fruit. But one of the things that wouldn't change is we are still best friends.

Me: Now that you've had some, does the gluten-free food taste different?
BFF: I don't really think it tastes different but your muffins do. But I don't really taste the difference because your mom is a good cook.

Me: Do you feel like I'm different in any way?
BFF: Not really, except for the fact that you have celiac. The food at lunch at school is still the mac and cheese, and you used to have that anyway. And you just changed it a little bit so you can have rice pasta.

Me: Do you still have as much fun as before I had celiac?
BFF: Yes. Nothing will change. except that you have a disease.

BFF: How does it feel to have that disease?
Me: It's easy to ignore. But when I'm thinking about it I kind of feel upset. And not like all of my other friends.

BFF: Huh?
Me: That I'm not like all of my other friends.

BFF: Bye people of the world who like this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment